Check here for upcoming Events @Dunn including the library, Writing Center, Hawley Center, Student Support Services, and EMERGE.
Puppies & Popcorn
Doggies @Dunn will be Wednesday, April 22nd from 12p-3p at Dunn Library.
Each semester, over 200 Simpson students, faculty and staff have enjoyed playing with the puppies (yes there will be four-month-old puppies!) or watching them romp. Take a doggie study break and relieve holiday stress!
Dogs provided from Paws & Effect will be located by the first floor study rooms. Popcorn will be available.
2nd Annual Book Art Contest for National Library Week, April 12-18, 2015
The RAC in Dunn Library is hosting the 2nd Annual Book Art Contest for National Library Week, April 12-18, 2015. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to participate.
Entries are due by Monday, April 13, 2015 at 1 pm in the RAC. Art faculty will judge the entries; the winner will be announced Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 3:30 pm at a reveal party in the Craven Room of Dunn Library. Join us to celebrate!
Please contact Mary or Liz in the RAC if you need a book to transform!
Rules for book art contest:
- The book must have a hardback cover.
- The hardback cover must be incorporated in the art.
- It must be evident that the art used to be a book, or that that is what it was.
- The book must be the major part of the art project.
- Other objects are allowed as long as the book is the main idea.
- Fold, cut, carve, etc. Be creative, use your imagination.
- Teams/partnerships are allowed, but no more than 3 to a group.
- Feel free to add color also.
Books submitted to the contest will be displayed in the library.