The resources listed give bystanders guidance for intervening when they see someone is being harassed. It includes ideas for civil dialog and creating safe spaces. Check out the Diversity Research Guide for more information.
Ongoing Google doc link of relevant resources and information from librarians.
- The Day After (particularly helpful in schools/classrooms)
- Guidelines for Discussing Difficult or Controversial Topics
- Returning to the Classroom after the Election
- Responding to Difficult Questions
Tips for Interventions
- 30 Ways to Be a Better Ally, Jamie Utt
- Being An Ally/Building Solidarity, by Southerners On New Ground (S.O.N.G.)
The Role of the Bystander in Preventing Bullying – Dr. Ronald G. Slaby
Tips for Self-Care
- 4 Self-Care Resources for Days When the World is Terrible, Miriam Zoila Perez
- 3 Ways to Prioritize Self-Care While Resisting Dehumanization: Because #BlackWellnessMatters, Akilah S. Richards
- Transforming Anger into Building Solidarity, Beth Berila
Information from the Civil Dialog, Safe Spaces, and Bystander Intervention research guide.