Simpson student, faculty, or staff members can access electronic resources from the Databases A-Z page and the Online Articles page. Many databases require verification of being a Simpson College student, faculty or staff.
After you click on the database link (from our homepage), enter your last name and 14 digit barcode number (skip the As) found on the back of your Simpson ID. You will then be able to access the databases as you would on campus.
Many databases require verification of being a Simpson College student. After you click on the database link (from our homepage), you are asked to enter your name and 14 digit barcode number (skip the As), found on the back of your Simpson ID card. You will then be able to access the restricted databases as you would from on campus.
- Many databases require the latest version of browsers. You may need to update your browsers if you are having problems accessing resources.
- Do you get the message "Cannot locate patron record"? To search databases from home or office, you need to be a currently enrolled Simpson student. If you haven’t received your ID, or you recently received a new ID, your ID barcode number many not be in our system. Please call the library at 961-1663 to check on your status.
- Can’t access the databases from your office? Some offices have firewalls and other protections on their systems which restrict access to some databases.
- Database requires a password? If you encounter this, the database website might be having problems, or the library might be having problems. Try again, or contact the library.
- If you are still having problems, please call 961-1520 or email Ask a Librarian.
Dunn Library books and journal articles requests may be made by Continuing & Graduate faculty, staff and students for library materials to be delivered to the Indianola, West Des Moines or Ankeny Continuing & Graduate Programs office.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) provides Simpson College students, faculty, and staff research materials not available at Dunn Library. It is available to students at all campus locations. Many of our databases have direct links to ILL or requests may be submitted by filling out eforms.
Off-campus Access to Library Databases available as a pdf handout.
Need more information? Check Discovery Off-campus.