Some databases require verification. If you are asked to enter your name and 14 digit barcode number, the number can be found on the back of your Simpson ID card. You will then be able to access the restricted databases as you would from on campus.
- Do you get the message “Cannot locate patron record”? To search databases from home or office, you need to be a currently enrolled Simpson student. If you haven’t received your ID, or you recently received a new ID, your ID barcode number many not be in our system. Please call the library at 961-1518 to check on your status.
- Can’t access the databases from your office? Some offices have firewalls and other protections on their systems which restrict access to some databases.
- Database requires a password? If you encounter this, the database website might be having problems, or the library might be having problems. Try again, or contact the library.
- If you are still having problems, please call 961-1520 or email Ask a Librarian.
- Many databases require the latest version of the IE and Firefox browsers. You may need to update your browsers if you are having problems accessing resources.