Military Student Frequently Asked Questions

Welcome to Simpson College!

We are happy to assist you in your education journey. The following are questions frequently asked by members of the military as they seek to learn more about Simpson College.

Whom do I contact if I have questions about the academic program and admissions at Simpson College?

For information about our full-time program (day classes in Indianola, Iowa) please contact the Office of Admissions at 515-961-1695.

For information about our part-time accelerated program (evening classes in Ankeny and West Des Moines, or online) please contact:
Ginger Hermon at or 515-961-1313.

Whom May I Contact With Questions About VA Benefits at Simpson College?

The following people are happy to assist with any questions you may have:

Rhonda Pooley, Assistant to the Registrar & VA certifying official – 515-961-1648 or
Bev Hickman, Assistant Director of Financial Assistance – 515-961-1639 or

How Do I Transfer My Military Credit to Simpson College?

All Military Transcript Requests are now run through the Joint Services Transcript request (JST). Please click the links below for websites offering transcript copies and information:
AARTS Transcript
SMART Transcript
CCAF Transcripts

Please have all official transcripts sent to:
Simpson College
Attn:  EWG
701 N C Street
Indianola, IA  50125

Please direct all transcript questions to: 515-961-1614

What is Simpson’s Military Deployment Policy?

Click here for Simpson’s Military Deployment Policy.

How Do I Apply for Military Benefits?

Please visit the GI Bill website to apply for Military Education Benefits and keep in mind that the sooner you apply, the faster your claim will be processed so that you can received your education benefits.

May I Use More Than One Chapter Benefit at a Time?

No, multiple Chapter Benefits at a time is not allowed.  The comparison chart shown here will aid you in deciding which benefit best suits your situation.

What Kind of Military Benefits May I Use at Simpson College?

Please visit this link to learn more about which Military Benefits are frequently used at Simpson College.

What is the Refund Policy for Federal Tuition Assistance?

For those students receiving Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) and are withdrawing from a term, that is either fully or partially funded through FTA, prior to the 60% point of the term, will be refunded based on the percentage of the term that has not been completed.  Simpson College will return those unearned funds to the supporting military branch.  After the 60% point in the term, no refund will be granted.  Students will be responsible for any balance that may result on their student account.  If the withdrawal is due to military deployment, please see our procedures for military deployment.