Register Now for Orpheus 2015
July 19-26, 2015
“Like” Music at Simpson’s Facebook page to view all of our pictures from our 2013 and 2014 camps!
The Orpheus Experience
Orpheus allows serious high school musicians to become immersed in incredible musical experiences for an entire week while utilizing the facilities and surroundings of the Simpson College campus. The camp’s staff is made up of Simpson College’s outstanding music faculty. Want to know what you’ll be doing on a daily basis? Check out the Orpheus General Schedule of Events.
Exciting Music Opportunities Include
- Choral Ensembles – Choir, Madrigal Singers, Staged Choruses
- Instrumental Chamber Ensembles
- Fully Staged Operetta and Musical Theater Workshop
- Daily Private Lessons in up to 2 areas
- Solo Recital Opportunity
- Daily Classes in Music History and Music Theory
- Attend the final performance of the Des Moines Metro Opera’s 42nd Season
- Early Registration deadline (receive $25 discount): May 1, 2015
- Postmark deadline for sending CD scholarship recording by postal mail: May 11, 2015
- Deadline for sending mp3 scholarship recording by e-mail: May 15, 2015
- Final Camp Registration Deadline: May 27, 2015
Pricing and Scholarship Information for Summer 2015
Pricing: Tuition, room and board: $525 by May 1; $550 after May 1.
Scholarships: Partial general scholarships and two (2) $450.00 Abild Piano Scholarships are available by application and audition recording (CD or mp3 accepted). Auditions should consist of (2) pieces in contrasting styles for each instrument/voice you would like to have lessons for during Orpheus camp.
Sending a scholarship recording is optional and is NOT required for camp attendance.
Mp3 auditions may be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2015.
CDs should be postmarked by May 11, 2015, and sent to:
Orpheus Music Camp
701 North C Street
Indianola, IA 50125
Hear what our past Orpheus campers had to say about Orpheus:
- “My overall experience here made me feel stronger about myself and my abilities. I’ve never worked so hard and I feel like my knowledge for music has grown even in these last couple days.” -Grace Rigdon, Swisher, IA, 2014 camper.
- “The music faculty that I worked with were extremely kind, patient, and caring. They did everything possible to help me learn more about my instruments and music in general.” -Katie Sharp, Centerville, IA, 2014 camper.
- “My best memory of Orpheus was the connection developed between the campers, and with the staff. This connection…created a sense of community in that we all had similar interests. I would literally describe the music faculty as the best part of the camp. I say this due to their ability to make practice fun, but also give rehearsal a purpose, and last, how personal they are to each camper.” – Matthew Sather, Spencer, IA, 2013 camper.
- “Orpheus is easily one of the best opportunities for any high school student to grow in music.” -Shea Lueninghoener, O’Neill, NE, 2014 camper.
- “Orpheus is a great learning experience–very one-on-one. You get a couple months worth of training combined into just one week.” – Alauren Ellenberger, senior from Palm City, FL, 2013 camper.
- “I would describe the faculty as awesome. I am now considering attending Simpson because of them.” – Abigail Becker, sophomore from Independence, MO, 2013 camper.
- “Every high school musician should come to Orpheus. You do productive things. It’s challenging without being impossible, and you meet a lot of great people.” – Olivia Baxter, senior from Linn Grove, IA, 2013 camper.
- “I made friends really easily. There’s just something special about this camp.” – Maria Consamus, junior from Ames, IA, 2013 camper
For more information, contact Sara Garcia, Music Recruitment Assistant, at 515-971-9623 or email@example.com.