News Center Categories — Community

Exhibit Featuring Work of Madai Taylor Comes to Farnham Galleries Nov. 7

In his artist statement, Taylor said, “To me, earth has been very intriguing and contains a mystic, organic beauty. It is an original, primordial material that lends itself to an immense range of tone, nuance and texture, which I manipulate to create calm, thought-provoking non-subjective images, imbued with history, spirituality and the struggle of mankind.” More…

Brian L. Johnson To Receive Carver Medal on Feb. 22

The medal honors the legacy of George Washington Carver, who began his academic career at Simpson. The Carver Medal and Lecture ceremony is one of the most important events on the College’s academic calendar. This year’s event will begin at 1 p.m. Feb. 22 in Smith Chapel. The public is invited to attend. More…

Veteran Alex Grimm Finds Success Continuing at Simpson

“The staff at Simpson College has been incredibly helpful and knowledgeable on my options and opportunities with the GI Bill,” Alex Grimm said. “But more than that, I have always felt like I was part of the Simpson community, and I take pride in seeing the growing number of veterans pursuing a higher education as well as choosing this veteran friendly college.” More…