The excitement at Buxton Stadium reached a fever pitch on Saturday afternoon as the Simpson football team, for the second year in a row, topped Wartburg in the closing seconds thanks to a blocked extra point attempt.
The Storm trailed 13-0 in the first half but came back thanks to a passing game which amassed 439 yards. The win improved Simpson’s record to 3-1 on the year, the team’s best start since 2008.
But the football team isn’t the only one on campus experiencing success. Here’s a look at the success of the Storm this fall:
- The women’s soccer team is 7-2 this season and in the midst of a five-game winning streak.
- The men’s soccer team is 8-4 and has won four games in a row.
- The women’s tennis team closed the fall season 8-5 and went on a stretch of 7 consecutive victories.
- The men’s and women’s cross country teams have yet to lose, winning both meets in which they have competed thus far.
- The volleyball team went 2-0 at the Grinnell Triangular over the weekend.
- The women’s golf team boasts a medalist contender after the first two rounds of the Iowa Conference Championship.