Do you love telling stories? How about shooting video? Would you like to experience what it’s like to work in digital marketing? If so, we have the position for you.
Simpson’s Office of Marketing and Public Relations is looking for a team of Student Content Developers to help tell the stories of Simpson.
Purpose of Job:
To serve as content developers for the digital content team in the Office of Marketing and Public Relations aimed at reporting and producing stories from all corners of campus. Students will gain experience producing digital marketing materials, video production, social media and content strategy skills. These skills will make you very marketable to future employers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, shoot, edit and promote digital media projects.
- Work closely with the Digital Content Specialist to produce digital marketing materials including video and online stories, while also developing engaging content independently.
- Actively promote Simpson College’s news items, profiles, achievements or other events through video production and social media.
- The primary communication platform used for this position will be the website; however all content developers are expected to identify other platforms that can be effectively utilized to repurpose stories for marketing, print publications and advertising.
- Work closely with members of the Simpson Web Guild to create content for effective digital media campaigns.
Must be available to dedicate at least 10 hours per week, have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet multiple deadlines. Strong writing, knowledge of AP standards and experience with social media is desired. Must be organized and have outstanding interpersonal skills, including experience in interviewing. Video production skills including: writing, shooting and editing (Final Cut Pro) desired. Photography experience preferred.
Interested in applying?
*The deadline for applications is Sunday, September 1, 2013.