Do you have a finger on the pulse of whats happening on campus? Are your other fingers posting your latest status update or tweeting about the concert you just showed up to? If so, we want to hire you as a Student Social Media Specialist.
The Office of Marketing and Public Relations is hiring student Social Media Specialists to help with the college’s social media strategy.
Purpose of Job:
To serve as a social media strategist in the Office of Marketing and Public Relations aimed at engaging varying audiences across multiple social media platforms. Students will gain experience developing and executing social media campaigns, as well as, experience developing and managing social media strategies. These skills will make you very marketable to future employers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the organization with social media marketing techniques to increase visibility, membership and traffic of our website and social media platforms.
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities-marketing.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to increasing the use of social media at our institution.
- Strategize with the marketing team and others across campus on incorporating relevant social media techniques into the higher education culture and into all of Simpson’s marketing efforts.
- Track and measure the impact of social media campaigns on the overall marketing efforts of the college.
Must be available to dedicate at least 10 hours per week, have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet multiple deadlines. Strong writing, knowledge of AP standards and social media experience desired. Must be organized and have outstanding interpersonal skills. Photography skills preferred.
Interested in applying?
*The deadline for applications is Sunday, September 1, 2013.