Studies Accepting Participants
Studies being conducted by students in Psychological Research II (direct questions to Professor Karen Bittner):
- Personality traits and significant others
- Perceptions of assault
- Self-esteem and attractiveness
- Music listening and mood
- Climate change
- Cell phone use and social relations - Up to two additional extra credit points!
Animal Assistance and the Stress Response – Contact Lauren Sebek, Psychology Major
Satisfaction with Professors (click to begin) being conducted by Sal Meyers, Marissa Belau, and Tayler Swacker. This study is not associated with extra credit, but you can enter a raffle to win a $25 gift card.
EEG study on Attention and Distraction – Don Evans, Professor of Psychology
Recently completed studies
- Attachment Style, Social Support and Mood by Miranda Dean, Psychology Major
- Thoughts and Feelings that Friends and Couples Commonly Experience by Carly Warner, Psychology Major
- Jealousy Survey being conducted by Sydni Loney, Psychology Major
- Study of Mate Selection conducted by Beth Baltes and Jess Schultes
- Morgan Mauro, Alexa Cashatt, Taylor Sharp, Sam Cook, Kiley Hudson, & Lindsey Borgomainerio conducted two different studies of mate preferences.
- Tayler Swacker, Danielle Ault, Marissa Belau and Annie Collins examined whether there is a relationship between snacking habits and procrastination.
- Kyle Loy and Kolby Warren examined the psychological motivation to lift weights.
- Paige McConkey, Aubree Gilmore, Kiley Hudson, and Kelli Salemink studied people’s initial desires in a romantic partner and how satisfied they are.
- Jennifer Gaffney, Jasmine Wreghitt, Phil Krichau, and Josh Eaton examined people’s attitudes about texting and driving.
- Hannah Longstreet, Bayley Fleshner, Lauren Martin, Katie Marple, and Courtney Rinner examined how many sexual partners people have had.