Dr. April Drumm-Hewitt
- Years at Simpson: 4 years
- Specialty: Cognitive
- Favorite psych joke: Q: What happens if you cross a schizophrenic with an octopus?
- A: A formal reprimand from the Scientific Integrity and Professional Ethics committee and immediate withdrawal of your grant funding!
- Favorite food: There are a lot of strong contenders, but just the thought of buffalo chicken makes my mouth water so I guess I’ll go with that!
- Favorite movie: I refuse to choose a favorite movie. It depends on what kind of mood I’m in honestly.
- Favorite time of the year: The best day of every season! I think every season has a few great things about it and when those things come together it’s the best.
- Favorite quote: “So many things are possible just as long as you don’t know they’re impossible.” – Norton Juster
Dr. Don Evans
- Years at Simpson: 17
- Specialty: Clinical
- Favorite psych joke: (still deciding)
- Favorite food: Dark Chocolate
- Favorite movie: Star Wars, Harry Potter & the Sorceror’s Stone (tie)
- Favorite time of the year: Fall
- Favorite quote: “Prediction is very difficult, especially if it’s about the future.” -Niels Bohr
- Favorite class activity….
Dr. Heather Groben
- Years at Simpson: 5 years
- Specialty: Developmental
- Favorite Psych Joke: NSFW
- Favorite Food: Pizza! Luigi’s in Harrison Twp MI; Valentino’s in Lincoln, NE, and Gusto in Des Moines, IA are favorites!
- Favorite Movie: It’s been years since I’ve seen a movie, and even longer since I’ve seen a good one, so can I do a book (The Red Tent) or a TV show (Downton Abbey) instead?!
- Favorite Time of Year: If I absolutely had to pick just one season, I would say summer, but I think every season is wonderful in its own way!
- Favorite Quote: “Don’t let anyone keep you from struggling and seeking to be a decent, striving human being. It is where you are headed, not where you are from, that will determine where you end up.” – Marian Wright Edelman
Dr. Sal Meyers
- Years at Simpson: 22
- Favorite psych joke: The Candid Camera piece in which everyone faces bac
kwards in an elevator. It’s a social norm demonstration that is very funny. It was repeated on Would You Fall for That and can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDAbdMv14Is
- Favorite food: Sushi. I eat out for lunch almost every day and I almost always go to Jimmy John’s (and have a #12 unwich). They recognize me when I go in and often start making my sandwich before I order. I usually eat out for dinner on Fridays and I go to Samurai Sushi. I’ve been a regular there for long enough that they have given me my own chopsticks which are stored in their own box on the premises. I usually don’t even need to tell them which box of chopsticks is mine; they recognize me and bring me the right pair.
- Favorite movie: I rarely have the patience to sit through an entire movie, so I don’t have a favorite. I do have several favorite television series. These are series that I own on DVD and have watched again and again. The series include Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek Voyager, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Bones, and Castle.
- Favorite time of the year: Early fall when everyone is going back to school and the leaves are starting to turn.
- Favorite quote: “The experiment requires that you continue.” -Experimenter in Stanley Milgram’s obedience studies