Symposium organizers invite faculty to identify student work that they deem exemplary in its respective field and to encourage the students to compete for an opportunity to present their outstanding work. Students submitting abstracts must identify a faculty sponsor or their abstracts will not be reviewed. The faculty sponsor will be notified. Students may present their work in several formats:
- Oral paper presentations
- As part of a panel discussion, requested by a faculty member.
Appropriate submissions may include:
- work that is produced as part of Simpson College Honors Programs
- work that is produced as part of a research scholarship
- work that faculty considers stellar (e.g. exemplary student course work including papers, research projects, or creative works)
Panel Discussion (faculty only)
This year we are introducing a Panel Discussion option. Only faculty members may request a panel discussion. The sponsoring professor will select a theme and will identify up to four outstanding student works all thematically related to be presented within one 45-minute session, moderated by the professor. These works may be taken from a class, an Honors program, and/or Scholarship (e.g. Carver scholars). The professor is responsible for submitting an abstract to compete for a presentation slot.
- abstract application form deadline: February 24, 2017 by 4 p.m.
Note: Submission instructions are posted on the “Information for Students” web page.
- Notification of acceptance: March 20, 2017
- Symposium day: April 20, 2017
If you have any questions or concerns that are not answered on this page, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or e-mail J.J. Butts.