Great resources to keep you informed and safe at Simpson College
Useful Apps and online resources
WHY THIS APP
- MORE THAN 1 IN 4 COLLEGE WOMEN ARE SEXUALLY ASSAULTED, YES, IT'S TRUE 1 IN 4.
- Men can be victims of sexual abuse too.
- No matter how you identify on the sexuality and gender spectrum, whether you're in a relationship, or hooking up for the first time, everyone has the right to say no and the right to be treated with respect
- The Circle of 6 App is for everyone.
WHAT IT DOES
- You're out late and you lose track of your friends. Use Circle of 6 to send your circle a "come and get me" message- with a map using GPS to show your precise location.
- You're on a date and it starts to get uncomfortable. You need a polite way to excuse yourself. Use Circle of 6 to alert your circle to call you and interrupt the situation.
- You're seeing someone new, but you have some doubts about how things are going. Use circle of 6 to access a wealth of online information about healthy relationships.
- In critical situations, use Circle of 6 to call pre-programmed national hotlines or a local emergency number of your choice.
Whether you're meeting up with a stranger or just taking a midnight stroll, give Kitestring a heads up.
CHECK IN VIA SMS
Kitestring checks up on you with a simple text message. Reply to the message to check in.
If you don't check in, Kitestring sends your emergency contacts a personalized alert message
NOTHING TO DOWNLOAD
And you don't even need a smartphone. Get started below---it's free.