Chapel Fees include: the services of a wedding assistant during the rehearsal and wedding service, use of the sanctuary for one and one half hours for rehearsal and five hours for the wedding ceremony, the use of the organ/piano, sound system and the dressing rooms.
Staff & Alumni
Fees do not cover honorariums for: organist/pianist, officiating clergy or any other wedding details. Additional hours may be purchased for $50 an hour for the day of the wedding.
Cancellation/Date Change Fees
Cancellations more than 12 months prior to the reserved date will be refunded 75% of the prepaid fee.
Cancellations 12 to 6 months prior to the reserved date will be refunded 50% of the prepaid fee.
Cancellations less than six months prior to the reserved date will not receive any refund.
There will be a $100 fee for changing reservations within 12 months of the reserved date. Changes made more than 12 months prior to the date will cost $50.
A written request is required of all cancellations and date changes. The date of cancellation will be determined by the date written documentation is received in the chapel office.
Smith Chapel Wedding Regulations
- Items such as birdseed and confetti are acceptable to throw as long as they are cleaned up. Bubbles are acceptable. The throwing of rice is strictly prohibited.
- Clergy of all faiths are welcome to perform weddings in Smith Memorial Chapel. It is the responsibility of the wedding couple to make these arrangements.
- In keeping with Smith Memorial Chapel policies, alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the building.
- Simpson College is serviced by Chartwell Services. They have an exclusive contract with Simpson College, meaning that all food served on the Simpson campus must be provided by their catering coordinator. To make arrangements for catering services, contact Chartwells Services at 515-961-1686 or visit their website for additional information regarding catering at weddings.
- Following the wedding ceremony it is the responsibility of the two spouses (or their designated persons) to remove all decorations from the Chapel within one hour of the end of the wedding ceremony. Since the Chapel is used for worship services and other activities, that is particularly important.
- Dirlam Lounge may not be used unless it is rented.