Chapel staff assistance at your wedding
Smith Memorial Chapel provides a student wedding staff member who will be present during your rehearsal and wedding to assure smooth operation of the building and equipment. This individual will be available to answer questions related to the building usage, provide access to a telephone (if necessary) and set up the Chapel’s sound equipment and lights prior to rehearsal and wedding.
Music for your wedding
Smith Memorial Chapel is equipped with a Reuter organ, a parlor grand piano, and a Yamaha keyboard. Our Reuter organ is an instrument with state-of-the-art electronics that requires special knowledge. Please advise your musician(s) to consult with the Chapel office for scheduling rehearsal times on the day of your rehearsal. If you need assistance in selecting an organist or musician(s), the Chapel Office Manager can provide you a current list of approved musicians.
Dirlam Lounge in Smith Memorial Chapel is a pleasant facility that can comfortably accommodate 50 persons for a reception. Larger reception spaces are available on campus. The chapel staff can assist you in reserving these spaces. Additional fees may be applicable.
General Smith Chapel Information
- The main Chapel seats 300 people comfortably.
- Dirlam Lounge seats 50 people.
- There are restroom facilities downstairs and a handicapped restroom is on the main floor. The women’s restroom has a lounge that may be used as a women’s dressing room. Men may use the restroom or one of the classrooms as a dressing room.
- There is a water fountain downstairs.
- The Chapel is available to students, alumni, and community members for rental.
- All candles must be rented from Smith Chapel, including the unity candle.