- Create an account on the new online application system, and then completing the online application process on that site.
- Write a one to two page personal statement explaining why you’re interested in this semester program and how it fits into your educational goals.
- Provide the names and contact information for two people who could serve as references (neither of whom are related to you and at least one should be a Simpson professor) on your skills, abilities, and character.
Then, upload the following to your Simpson Storm Front account:
- a copy of your Simpson College degree audit. Once you’ve obtained your degree audit on your StormFront account, right click within the web browser and “Select All”. Then right click again and select “Copy”. Open a new document in Microsoft Word and change the orientation to Landscape. Then Right click in the document to “Paste” the Degree Audit into the new Word document. Save this document as a .pdf file by selecting “PDF” from the “Save file type” drop down menu which is located below the file name. Then upload the file
- a copy of the data page from your passport, if you already have it, but if you don’t already have a passport, then upload a copy of your completed passport application (with your SSN blacked out). Please note: you are not required to submit that completed passport application, the supporting documentation or the associated processing fee to the Warren County Recorder’s Office or any other passport application processing site until you’ve received notification that you have been accepted into a travel course.
- Proof that you’ve made a $200 non-refundable deposit to the Simpson College Business Office. This deposit is applied to the program cost, upon acceptance to the program, and will be credited back to the student’s account should they not be accepted into the program.
For more information about the exchange program or the application requirements, please contact:
Director of International Education
701 North C Street
Indianola, IA 50125
toll free (800) 362-2454, ext. 1288