To apply to participate in an international travel course, you must complete the new online application process. Click here to access the new system.
On this system, you will be asked to…
- create an account
- complete an online application form
- upload a personal statement (a 1-2 page essay describing how this course fits into your studies at Simpson, what your overall academic objectives are, and what specifically you hope to gain from this travel course that will enhance your educational experience.)
You will also be asked to upload the following to your Simpson Storm Front account
- a copy of your Simpson College degree audit
- a copy of the data page from your passport, if you already have it, but if you don’t already have a passport, then upload a copy of your completed passport application (with your SSN blacked out)
- Proof of payment of the $200 non-refundable deposit from the Simpson College Business Office.
Applications will be complete when all of the above forms have been filled out and and all required documents uploaded. Complete applications will be forwarded on to course instructors for their review and admissions decisions.
Application time frame
Priority application deadline for May Term 2013: Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Selection decisions announced via email from the OIE for applications received by the priority deadline: Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Complete applications received after October 2 will be processed on a rolling basis. Those selection decisions will be announced approximately two weeks after the application is submitted. Check the course section of the study abroad Web site for courses which still have openings.