Theatre Simpson Box Office will open on October 9th for Lysistrata Jones. Order your ticket any time of day at http://simpson.tix.com.
Theatre Simpson Box Office Information and Ticket Policies
(Revised January 2013)
In an effort to provide the best possible customer service to our patrons, Theatre Simpson will utilize the following ticket procedures and policies:
|Senior Citizens (65+)||$9|
|Children (ages 5-12)||$7|
Simpson students, faculty, staff, and immediate family of faculty and staff are free, but are strongly advised to make advanced reservations.
Note: Children under the age of five are not allowed in the audience for any performance.
Box office hours
The box office opens approximately two weeks before the show opens. We are unable to take reservations until the box office opens officially for every show. Please check season literature for details on the exact dates.
The Theatre Simpson Box Office is located in the Blank Performing Arts Center (BPAC) on Simpson College’s Campus. This is the corner of Detroit and D Streets in Indianola, IA. These are the hours that the Box Office is open for reservation and/or pick-up:
|10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (or until showtime)||Monday – Friday|
|1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. (or until showtime)||Saturday|
|11:30 a.m. – show time||Day of matinee performance|
Reservations may be made in the following ways:
- Online at http://simpson.tix.com
- In person at the BPAC
- By telephone (515-961-1601)
- By email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ticket pickup and delivery
- Tickets must be picked up no later than 30 minutes prior to the performance (7:00 p.m. for a 7:30 show and 12:30 p.m. for a 1:00 show). Any ticket not picked up by these times will be released and resold.
- Tickets should be picked up at the BPAC within three days of making your reservation if possible.
- On-campus patrons may request to have their tickets delivered by campus mail if their reservation is placed before the Wednesday prior to the opening performance.
- Students, faculty, and staff should be prepared to show a valid Simpson ID for their complimentary tickets when placing a reservation in person, picking up an order, and upon entering the theatre.
- On-campus groups, such as classes that are required to attend, should coordinate their ticket order through the instructor. If time allows, these tickets will be delivered to the instructor.
- Other student group orders of 10 or more tickets will be held at the box office to be picked up on the performance date between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m. or between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. for matinees.
- Off-campus patrons (purchases) may send their payment by check if their reservation is placed at least three days prior to the performance. We will then send tickets by mail if time allows, or patrons may pick up their tickets in person at the BPAC.
- We accept payment by credit card, check, and cash, but regrettably, we cannot accept purchase orders.
- Mailing address:
Theatre Simpson Box Office
701 North C Street
Indianola, IA 50125
- Parking: Parking is available in the lot south of the theatre at the junction between Detroit and D Streets. If the lot is full, patrons may park in the lot by Memorial Park (1 block west of the theatre) or in the one by the baseball field (1 ½ blocks northwest of the theatre). Because our productions start on time, patrons should allow adequate time for parking.
Exchanges of tickets already received by the patrons will be allowed at the BPAC, with the following criteria:
- The patron makes the exchange in person,
- The patron has his/her tickets in hand, and
- The exchange is made prior to 4:30 p.m. on the performance date (4:30 p.m. the day before for matinee performances).
Once the box office has received payment, NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED.
General patron information
- Children under the age of five are not allowed in the audience for any performance.
- The house opens 30 minutes prior to the start of the show.
- Cameras and recording devices are prohibited in the auditorium.
- Please make sure all paging devices, cellular phones, and alarms are turned off.
- Please no text messaging during the performance.
- New handicapped accessible seating is available. Please let Audience Services know if handicapped seating is needed.
- Restrooms are located in the main and upper lobby areas.
- Only production staff members are allowed in the back stage areas.
Directions to BPAC
Blank Performing Arts Center is located at the corner of D Street and Detroit Avenue, Indianola, IA.
From North Des Moines Area:
Take I-80 East to the Highway 65/69 South exit (Altoona exit). Head south on the bypass to the Indianola/Simpson College exit. Continue south on Highway 65/59 into Indianola. The highway becomes Jefferson in town. Take a right onto Iowa Avenue (traffic light by Walgreens and Hy-Vee). Head west on Iowa. Take a left onto D Street. BPAC is on the right hand side of the street. Parking is south of the building.
From South Des Moines:
Take South East 14th Street/ Highway 65/69 south into Indianola. The highway becomes Jefferson in town. Take a right onto Iowa Avenue (light by Walgreens and Hy-Vee). Head west on Iowa. Take a left onto D Street. BPAC is on the right hand side of the street. Parking is south of the building.
From West Des Moines Area:
Take I-35 South to the Des Moines Airport/Highway 5 South exit. Head south on the bypass to the Indianola/Simpson College exit (Highway 65/69 South exit). Continue south on Highway 65/69 into Indianola. The highway becomes Jefferson in town. Take a right onto Iowa Avenue (light by Walgreens and Hy-Vee). Head west on Iowa. Take a left onto D Street. BPAC is on the right hand side of the street. Parking is south of the building.
From Highway 92 (South, East, or West of Indianola):
From Highway 92 (2nd Ave in Indianola) turn north (left if coming from West, right if coming from East) onto D Street. Continue north on D street to Detroit Avenue. BPAC is on the corner of D Street and Detroit Avenue. Parking is south of the building.