The Theatre Simpson Box Office is not currently open.
Theatre Simpson Box Office Information and Ticket Policies
In an effort to provide the best possible customer service to our patrons, Theatre Simpson will utilize the following ticket procedures and policies.
Ticket pricing for Theatre Simpson productions
Non-Simpson Students and Seniors $7.00
Groups of 10 or more $7.00
Simpson Faculty, Staff, and Students $0.00
There will be a $1.50 processing fee for each ticket ordered online.
With Simpson ID, Simpson students, Simpson employees, and spouse/domestic partner and dependent children of Simpson non-student employees are admitted to Theatre Simpson productions without charge, but are advised to make advanced reservations.
Note: Children under the age of five are not allowed in the audience for any performance.
Box Office hours
The Box Office opens approximately two weeks before the show opens. We are unable to take reservations until the Box Office opens officially for every show. Please check season literature for details on the exact dates.
The Theatre Simpson Box Office is located in the Blank Performing Arts Center (BPAC) on Simpson College’s Campus. This is the corner of Detroit and D Streets in Indianola, IA.
Box Office Hours:
Monday-Friday 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Day of performance 1 1/2 hours before curtain
Additional hours Saturday of performance: Noon-4
Reservations may be made in the following ways:
- Online at http://simpson.tix.com
- In person at the BPAC box office in the main lobby
- By telephone (515-961-1601)
- By email (email@example.com)
Ticket pickup and delivery
- Tickets must be picked up no later than 30 minutes prior to the performance. Any ticket not picked up by these times may be released and resold.
- Simpson faculty and staff may request to have their tickets delivered by campus mail if their reservations are placed before the Wednesday prior to the opening performance. Simpson student tickets will not be mailed; they must be picked up at the Box Office or Will Call.
- Simpson students, faculty, and staff should be prepared to show a valid Simpson ID for their complimentary tickets when placing a reservation in person, picking up an order, and upon entering the theatre.
- We ask that instructors coordinate their students’ ticket order when bringing classes to see shows. If time allows, these tickets will be delivered to the instructor.
- Groups of Simpson student tickets may be ordered via email, phone or in person, provided the group leader provides a list of the students’ names. These tickets will be held until the performance date and may be picked up at Will Call starting 1 hour before the show.
- We accept payment by credit card, check, and cash.
- Mailing address:
Theatre Simpson Box Office
701 North C Street
Indianola, IA 50125
- Parking: Parking is available in the lot south of the theatre at the junction between Detroit and D Streets. If the lot is full, patrons may park in the lot by Memorial Park (1 block west of the theatre) or in the one by the baseball field (1 ½ blocks northwest of the theatre). Because our productions start on time, patrons should allow adequate time for parking.
Exchanges of tickets will be allowed provided the tickets are physically present at the box office and the exchange occurs prior to 4:30 p.m. on the performance date (4:30 p.m. the day before for matinée performances.)
Once the box office has received payment, NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED.
General patron information
- Children under the age of five are not allowed in the audience for any performance.
- The house opens 30 minutes prior to the start of the show.
- Cameras and recording devices are prohibited in the auditorium.
- Please make sure all paging devices, cellular phones, and alarms are turned off.
- Please no text messaging during the performance.
- New handicapped accessible seating is available. Please let Audience Services or Box Office Staff know if handicapped seating is needed.
- Restrooms are located in the main and upper lobby areas.
- Only production staff members are allowed in the back stage areas.
Directions to BPAC
Blank Performing Arts Center is located at the corner of D Street and Detroit Avenue, Indianola, IA.
From North Des Moines Area:
Take I-80 East to the Highway 65/69 South exit (Altoona exit). Head south on the bypass to the Indianola/Simpson College exit. Continue south on Highway 65/59 into Indianola. The highway becomes Jefferson in town. Take a right onto Iowa Avenue (traffic light by Walgreens and Hy-Vee). Head west on Iowa. Take a left onto D Street. BPAC is on the right hand side of the street. Parking is south of the building.
From South Des Moines:
Take South East 14th Street/ Highway 65/69 south into Indianola. The highway becomes Jefferson in town. Take a right onto Iowa Avenue (light by Walgreens and Hy-Vee). Head west on Iowa. Take a left onto D Street. BPAC is on the right hand side of the street. Parking is south of the building.
From West Des Moines Area:
Take I-35 South to the Des Moines Airport/Highway 5 South exit. Head south on the bypass to the Indianola/Simpson College exit (Highway 65/69 South exit). Continue south on Highway 65/69 into Indianola. The highway becomes Jefferson in town. Take a right onto Iowa Avenue (light by Walgreens and Hy-Vee). Head west on Iowa. Take a left onto D Street. BPAC is on the right hand side of the street. Parking is south of the building.
From Highway 92 (South, East, or West of Indianola):
From Highway 92 (2nd Ave in Indianola) turn north (left if coming from West, right if coming from East) onto D Street. Continue north on D street to Detroit Avenue. BPAC is on the corner of D Street and Detroit Avenue. Parking is south of the building.