SIMPSON COLLEGE TRANSFER POLICY:
These policies apply only to students seeking baccalaureate degrees.
GENERAL TRANSFER POLICIES
Transfer students must fulfill all graduation requirements.
Students who transfer to Simpson from other accredited four-year institutions must complete at least 32.0 credits at Simpson for a Bachelor of Arts Degree and 36.0 credits at Simpson for a Bachelor of Music Degree.
Students who transfer to Simpson from accredited two-year institutions must complete at least 64.0 credits at Simpson for a Bachelor of Arts Degree and 68.0 credits at Simpson for a Bachelor of Music Degree.
- Transfer credit is granted only for courses taken at accredited institutions.
- Transfer courses must be appropriate for a college liberal arts curriculum.
- Transfer credit is granted only for courses in which a grade of C- or better was earned.
- Only courses accepted for transfer are recorded on Simpson transcript.
- Transfer courses of three credits or more that have equivalents at Simpson College fulfill the corresponding Simpson requirements.
Transfer courses receive the credit assigned by the originating institution; e.g., a three-credit course transfers in as three credits to Simpson College.
Incoming courses accepted for transfer are designated as Simpson courses when equivalent courses are listed in the Simpson catalog. When courses accepted for transfer credit are not equivalent to courses listed in the Simpson catalog, they are given unassigned credit in one of the departments of the college, or when that is not appropriate, in one of its divisions.
At least 4 four-credit classes must be completed in the major at Simpson in order for the student to earn a major.
At least 2 four-credit classes must be completed in the minor at Simpson in order for the student to earn a minor.
TRANSFER POLICIES FOR THE GENERAL EDUCATION PROGRAM:
A course-by-course analysis will be completed by the Registrar’s Office to determine how transfer courses fulfill requirements for the Engaged Citizenship Curriculum and for majors or minors. Transfer and AP courses that meet the requirements of Areas of Engagement or Embedded Skills may be transferred to Simpson College under this policy.