Transitions is a two-night orientation course designed with adult students in mind. Get an in-depth look at the services and resources we have designed to maximize your college experience. Whether you are returning after a hiatus or this is your first college experience, Transitions will prepare you for success at Simpson College!
Class members have the option to earn a FREE college credit by attending both nights and submitting a short paper detailing what they learned from the course. Register online or call (515) 309-3099.
Transitions meets twice in person. Each night meets at a different campus. There will also be online course materials.
The upcoming session meets:
- Tuesday, August 1 from 6 – 9 p.m. – West Des Moines Campus
- Tuesday, August 8 from 6 – 9 p.m. – Ankeny Campus
Topics covered at each campus:
August 1, West Des Moines
- Purpose and overview of the course
- Q and A session with a panel of adult students
- Advisor services
- Study skills refresher
August 8, Ankeny
- Life Experience Portfolio- How to earn college credit for your prior experiences
- Q and A session with a panel of faculty members
- Learn how to participate in online classes and access your account
- Learning strategies for time management
- Services provided by the Business Office and the Office of Financial Assistance
- Library Resources
- Hawley Academic Resource Center- free tutoring services
- Learning Strategies for writing and avoiding plagiarism