Student Support Services (SSS) is designed to help students become successful in college. We want students to achieve the goals they set for themselves, so SSS offers academic, social and cultural opportunities at no cost.
SSS is a popular option among Simpson students and it is easy to see why:
- Grant Aid to help cover the cost of textbooks each semester (for those eligible)
- One-on-one regular academic advising and personal guidance with our staff
- CampusConnect Week (A FREE summer experience for eligible first-year students)
- Priority class registration
- Academic skills workshops
- Financial Literacy workshops/programs
- Social and cultural activities (Des Moines Civic Center events, Science Center Exhibits, etc)
- Career and vocational planning
- Supplemental Instruction (SI)
- Free academic supplies and check-out items (graphing calculators, digital voice recorders, portable DVD player etc.)
Am I Eligible?
In order to participate in SSS students must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a first generation college student (neither mother or father has a 4-year degree)
- Meet federal income standards (do you qualify for a Pell Grant?)
- Have a documented learning or physical disability
Complete an SSS application or contact Darcie Sprouse for more information.