Student Support Services (SSS) is designed to help students become successful in college. We want students to achieve the goals they set for themselves, so SSS offers academic, social and cultural opportunities at no cost.
SSS is a popular option among Simpson students and it is easy to see why:
- Grant Aid money awarded to SSS students in their first two years of college ( must be receiving a Pell Grant and an application is required
- One-on-one regular academic advising and personal guidance with our staff
- CampusConnect Week (A FREE summer experience for eligible first-year students)
- Priority class registration
- Free 24/7 online tutoring through www.tutor.com/simpsontrio
- Academic skills workshops
- Financial Literacy workshops/programs
- Login to GradReady www.simpson.gradready.com/Educate/intro.aspx to learn more about student loans, credit, and other great financial topics
- Social and cultural activities (Des Moines Civic Center events, Science Center exhibits, etc)
- Career and vocational planning
- Supplemental Instruction (SI)
- Free school supplies and check-out items (graphing calculators, digital voice recorders, portable DVD player etc.)
Am I Eligible?
In order to participate in SSS students must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a first generation college student (neither mother or father has a 4-year degree)
- Meet federal income standards (do you qualify for a Pell Grant?)
- Have a documented learning or physical disability
Complete an SSS application or e-mail questions to Marzia Corni-Benson@simpson.edu for more information.