Sponsored by Student Support Services (SSS), CampusConnect is a pre-fall introduction to Simpson and college life. Approximately 15-20 incoming First Year students have the opportunity to kick-start their academic, social, and personal adjustment to college through this unique program. As part of CampusConnect, students receive a variety of FREE services prior to the start of the fall semester. This week consists of a structured, well-rounded selection of social opportunities, class time and fun!
Activities during CampusConnect week include:
- Welcome dinner and early move in to the residence halls
- MATH 190 Mathematics and Games*
- Workshops on study skills and college adjustment
- Outdoor and recreational activities
- Dining and events both in Indianola and Des Moines
*MATH 190 is a 1 credit course that satisfies one Quantitative Reasoning requirement. All course fees, including books, are paid by Student Support Services.
Benefits of CampusConnect:
- Move into campus housing a week early
- Fulfill one Quantitative Reasoning requirement needed for graduation.
- Meet some of your new classmates, Simpson staff, and faculty.
- Advanced acceptance into the SSS program for fall.
- See and interact with the local and surrounding community through fun activities.
- Get to know and work with SSS Peer Mentors and staff.
If you would like to find out more information about CampusConnect, please contact our Office at: 515-961-1230 or email Darcie Sprouse.