Professional Memberships or Conferences
Are you interested in learning more about your future profession? A great way to do so, as a student, is to join professional organizations. Attending or presenting at regional or national conferences is another way for you to experience success at Simpson. Ask your faculty advisor about the benefits of such experiences.
There are many great organizations in the areas of the social sciences, including the following:
- American Sociological Association
- National Association of Social Workers
- American Society of Criminology
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
- Society for the Study of Social Problems
Most recently, faculty in the Department have attended annual conferences hosted by the American Society of Criminology, the American Sociological Association, the Academic of Criminal Justice Sciences, as well as other associations and conferences. Talk to your advisor for details!