Serves as professor, mentor and internship supervisor, working closely with advisees and majors to help them develop into responsible, mature adults in their chosen profession. He also represents Simpson College in his discipline at the state and district levels in SHAPE America. He has been an officer in various committees for over 20 years and held various committee chair positions.
- Chair of the Department of Sport Science and Health Education
- Sport Administration Program Coordinator
- K- 8 Physical Education
- 5-12 Physical Education
- Educational Leadership
- Business in Sport
- Athletic Administration
- IAHPERD Honor Award for Service, one of the highest awards presented by the State Physical Education Association.
- Doctoral co-hort work in Higher Education Administration, ABD, Drake University, 2005
- MS in Sport Management and Teaching, Western Illinois University, 1982
- BA in Physical Education and Recreation, Iowa Wesleyan College, cum laude, 1978
- Presenter at various State and District level Conventions for over 30 years
- Officer in state and district PE Association and served as Chair of various committees for over 20 years.
- Articles in Iowa Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (IAHERD), newsletters and journals