Clint Huntrods serves as an Assistant Professor in the Sport Administration program which consists of teaching sport administration courses, serving as the advisor to the Sport Administration Club and overseeing internship and capstone experiences. His research has focused on student-athlete development and intercollegiate athletics. In the private sector, Clint has owned and operated his own fitness facilities and spent time working in education technology sales.
Clint believes that learning is done best in a hands-on way and seeks to help students improve critical thinking skills by guiding them through complex, real-world problems that allow students to apply sport administration concepts in a practical way.
Clint is married to his amazing wife Abby and they have two kids - Nash and Eli. He enjoys sports, hunting, fishing, boating, and spending time with his family.
- Ph.D., Educational Policy and Leadership Studies - Higher Education, The University of Iowa, 2014 Concentration: Teaching, Learning, & Curriculum in Higher Education
- Graduate Certificate in College Teaching, Office of Teaching Excellence, The University of Iowa Graduate College, 2012
- M.A., Recreation Sports Management, The University of Iowa, 2009
- B.A., Communication Studies, The University of Iowa, 2007
- Sales in Sports
- Leadership Development & Management
- Sport Marketing & Promotion
- Sport Finance
- Huntrods, C. S. & An, B. P. & Pascarella, E. T. (2017). Impact of Intercollegiate Athletic Participation on Leadership Development. Journal of College Student Development 58(2), 198-214. Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Huntrods, Clint. (2014). Goal Setting for Student Athletes...and Their Parents. Profiles Corporation, Iowa City, IA
- Huntrods, Clint. (2014). The Division Decision: Which NCAA Division Is Right for You? Profiles Corporation, Iowa City, IA
- Huntrods, Clint. (2014). The Road to Playing College Sports: Preparing for Your Future Year by Year. Profiles Corporation, Iowa City, IA ISBN: 978-1-941219-01-0
- Huntrods, Clint. (2014). How to Succeed as a College Athlete: Managing Your Time, Grades, Health and Social Life, and Getting to Graduation. Profiles Corporation, Iowa City, IA ISBN: 978-1-941219-02-7
- Huntrods, Clint. (2014). "Digital Learning Meets Test Prep" Iowa College Access Network Spring Newsletter
- Huntrods, Clint; Richter, Mia; & Weeden, Dustin. (2013). Effects of Athletic Participation on Moral Reasoning Development, Association for the Study of Higher Education Roundtable Paper
- Jach, Elizabeth; Holmes-Leopold, R.J.; Huntrods, Clint; Saichaie, Kem; Ockenfels, Heather; & Reams, Angie. (2011). Market Position and Marketing Efforts: Institutional Analysis of Augustana College
- Recognized by the President's Office and the Office of Institutional Assessment as among top faculty cited by graduating seniors as making a positive difference in their lives, The University of Iowa (2016 & 2017)
- Exceptional Graduate Student Award, College of Education, The University of Iowa (2013)
2019 Inside Sales Managers Meeting, Looking at Inside Sales from Various Perspectives, National Sports Forum, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
2018 MiLB Promotional Seminar, How to Partner With Your Local University to Help Create Your Next Promotional Night or Find Future Employees, Des Moines, Iowa, United States
2016 Fall Central Iowa Sports Network Event, How Your Local Sports Management Program Can Partner With Your Organization, Catch Des Moines Sports Commission, Des Moines, Iowa, United States
2016 Iowa Parks and Recreation Spring Conference, Internships: Maximizing Impact for All Stakeholders, Iowa Parks and Recreation Association, Council Bluffs, Iowa, Unites States. Presenters: Huntrods, Clint, & Jensen, Anna