- Christian Ethics
- Antropology of Religion
- Women and Gender in Religion
- University Presidential Fellowship in the Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Notre Dame, 2014,2017
- Political Theology Network Mentoring Initiative at AAR, 2017-2018
- $10,000 Nanovic Institute for European Studies Conference Grant (co-coordinator)
- B.A., St. John's College (Annapolis), 2008
- M.A., Cambridge University, 2010
- M. Div., Yale University Divinity School, 2014
- Ph.D., University of Notre Dame (ABD)
Shields, Jon Kara and Kyle Lambelet. (2021) "Finding God in the Fieldnotes: Christian ethics and the turn to ethnography.” Ecclesial Practices, 8:1.
Shields, Jon Kara. (2020) “Courage.” Syndicate Symposium: Sins and Virtues in American Public Life, https://syndicate.network/symposia/theology/sins-virtues-in-american-public-life/#courage
Shields, Jon Kara. (2019) “‘All About Redemption’: Bail Outs, Second Chances, and Pretrial Justice.” Political Theology Network. https://politicaltheology.com/all-about-redemption-bail-outs-second-chances-and-pretrial-justice/
Shields, Jon Kara. (2019) “Mothering Theo-Political Ideology: Natural Law, Empirical Facts, and Discourse Politics.” in Scripture, Tradition, and Reason in Christian Ethics: Normative Dimensions, eds. Bharat Ranganathan and Derek Woodard-Lehman, Palgrave Macmillian, pp. 207-231.