Shane Cox serves as a professor, advisor, and career consultant to students at all levels. He maintains a strong relationship with high-level professionals in the field, and has served on both accounting boards and committees.
While staying updated on contemporary accounting issues, Shane focuses on continually refining his teaching style. He has presented research on cutting-edge teaching techniques at multiple International teaching conferences in cities including Austin, Anaheim, and Washington D.C.
* Federal Tax Policy – Individual and Business
* Financial Accounting and Reporting
* Career Development
* Distinguished Junior Faculty Award, Simpson College, 2016
* M.B.A, Drake University, 2010
* B.A., in Accounting, Simpson College, 2005
* Certified Public Accountant, Iowa *
*Not currently practicing
* The Federal Home Loan Bank – Des Moines, Derivative Accountant, 2007-2010
* KPMG, Audit Associate II, 2005-2007
* United States Navy (Active Duty), 1996-2000
“Metacognition: Introduction and application. A new pedagogical approach.” Lilly Teaching and Learning Conference. Anaheim, CA 2018
“Problem-based Learning: Lessons Learned.” (Co-presenter) Lilly Teaching and Learning Conference. Austin, TX 2017
“Problem-based Learning: Lessons Learned.” (Co-presenter) Lilly Teaching and Learning Conference. Bethesda, MD 2016