Simpson College invites applications and nominations for the position of Advancement Gifts Officer. We seek a highly energetic, organized and enthusiastic professional with a track record of building donor relationships, who possesses a strong knowledge of principles, ethics, and practices of successful fundraising and planned giving programs. This person must be willing to work collaboratively and strategically with the fundraising team and all members of the Simpson Community.
Reporting to the Vice President for College Advancement, the Advancement Gift Officer is a member of the advancement team, working with the advancement staff and President to create, manage and secure annual, planned and major gift support to Simpson College that will significantly advance the mission of the college.
The qualified candidate will possess:
- a bachelor’s degree, preferably a master’s degree, and 3-5 years of successful, progressive fundraising experience or its equivalent;
- demonstrated success with developing and sustaining relationships;
- superb organizational and communication skills;
- knowledge of estate planning and planned gift vehicles, and the ability to translate and communicate said items to a lay audience;
- a commitment to independent higher education and the profession of advancement and philanthropy;
- a willingness and desire to travel frequently and work evenings and weekends;
- personal traits and characteristics to work with and relate to donors of all ages and philanthropic sophistication.
It is the policy and practice of Simpson College to provide equal educational and employment opportunities for all. We specifically encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, persons with disabilities and individuals who are bilingual (Spanish) to apply. The entire Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found here.
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds. Employment will require a criminal background check, which may include, but is not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, name and contact information for three professional references to:
Human Resources, Simpson College
701 North C Street
Indianola, IA 50125
or by e-mail to:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.