Simpson College is seeking candidates for the position of Director of First-Year Experience and Community Engagement. This position reports to the Vice President for Student Development and Planning.
Will include but are not limited to:
- Manage co-curricular student activities, including recruitment & marketing of opportunities, training, support, and program assessment
- Plan, promote, and implement campus-wide engagement programming, as well as one-on-one meetings with students to discuss engagement opportunities.
- Hire, train, and supervise student staff.
- Create and nurture community partnerships.
New Student Programs
- Develop and implement pre-matriculation, fall, and spring semester orientation programs.
- Hire, train and support first-year peer mentors.
- Collaborate with campus partners
- Communicate with new students and their families.
- A master degree in higher education, Social Work, or Public Administration, preferred; BA required
- Knowledge of student development philosophy and theory
- The ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with individuals across campus the in the greater community
About Simpson College
Simpson College is a private, liberal arts college located in Iowa with campuses in Indianola, West Des Moines, and online. Founded in 1860, the college has 1,268 undergraduate and graduate students. Simpson offers 74 majors, minors, and programs in addition to three graduate programs. Outside of the classroom, Simpson is a member of the NCAA Division III American Rivers Conference, hosts eight Greek houses on campus, and sponsors many extracurricular options for student involvement. To learn more, visit www.simpson.edu
Simpson’s main campus is in Indianola, Iowa, a part of the Des Moines metropolitan area. The Des Moines area has a population of over 600,000, and economic growth has outpaced the U.S. as a whole.
Please send a cover letter, resume, name, and contact information for three professional references, a statement addressing how your experiences and/or interests contribute to promoting diversity and inclusivity to Human Resources to email@example.com. Simpson offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including tuition waiver benefits for eligible employees and their immediate family members. Interviews will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy and practice of Simpson College to provide equal educational and employment opportunities for all. We specifically encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, persons with disabilities to apply. The complete Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found here. Employment will require a criminal background check, which may include, but is not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search, and motor vehicle history.