Simpson College seeks qualified candidates for a Full-time Assistant Coach - Women’s Volleyball.
This position reports directly to the Head Volleyball Coach and will assist in managing the day-to-day operations for the volleyball program emphasizing:
- Assist with recruitment of qualified student athletes and the development of sustainable, competitive rosters
- Monitor the academic progress for all student athletes in the program
- Assist with program’s operational budget
- Scheduling of all transportation and lodging for competition schedule
- Fundraising support for program needs
- Implementation of practice plans, scouting, individual coaching sessions, office work and other assigned duties
- Serve as a leader, role model and mentor to student-athletes and carry the moral and ethical standards as set forth by the institution
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse student and staff population
- Strong organization skills,
- Demonstrable aptitude for computer skills (PC-based Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel).
- The successful candidate will also have the ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
- Prior collegiate volleyball experience.
- Prior Coaching experience is preffered.
- Ability to perform volleyball skills on court at a high level.
Please send a cover letter, resume, name, and contact information for three professional references to Human Resources, Simpson College, 701 North C St., Indianola, IA 50125, or by email to email@example.com. Simpson offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including tuition waiver benefits for eligible employees and their immediate family members. Interviews will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy and practice of Simpson College to provide equal educational and employment opportunities for all. We specifically encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, persons with disabilities to apply. The entire Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found here. Employment will require a criminal background check, which may include, but is not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search, and motor vehicle history