Simpson College, a liberal arts college located in Indianola, Iowa just south of the State Capital of Des Moines seeks a highly-motivated and passionate individual to fill the position of Marketing Coordinator. As a member of the Office of Marketing and Public Relations (OMPR), the position will assist the office with all logistics and administrative tasks as needed to execute projects effectively and successfully.
This position will be expected to proactively gather and maintain outcome and factual information, collect emotional story leads from faculty, staff, students and alumni, support vendor partnership communication to ensure alignment and project execution, act as a production manager for internal client projects, and maintain marketing result data in one, easy-to-reference location.
As part of a small, dynamic, collaborative team, the position will be: able to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment; self-motivated; flexible; extremely organized; very detail-oriented; tenacious yet tactful; confident and diplomatic; a strong problem solver; able to work well under pressure in order to meet project deadlines; and have a positive attitude. Simpson College prides itself on offering a competitive benefits package.
- Assist with all scheduling, track marketing expenses, and maintain data files, related to but not limited to vendor partnerships
- Coordinate the OMPR production schedule for internal campus client projects, field basic questions regarding development status, and perform some minor updating to select design projects as needed. Serve as a front-line person for dealing with requests and questions from faculty and staff.
- Assist with select official press releases, specifically, distribute graduation and dean’s list student releases in a timely manner.
- Assist with collecting compelling stories according to brand perimeters from alumni, faculty, staff and students
- Proactively gather and maintain outcome and factual information.
- Coordination of feedback loops and status updates for the campus community by:
- Logging key conversations
- Logging and maintaining marketing result data
- Address inquiries from faculty, staff, students and parents in a timely manner.
- Develop systems to help make the office operate more efficiently.
- Maintain all credit card transactions, reporting, and reconciling.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Provide support and assistance to the Chief Marketing Officer and Director of Marketing and Communications as needed.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to occasionally exercise independent judgment in situations requiring immediate attention.
- Excellent problem-solving skills for dealing with complex situations involving students, faculty and staff.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize in order of importance or time sensitivity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with numerous interruptions.
- Knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook). Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign.
- Ability to learn College and proprietary software programs for data collection.
- Good written and oral communication
- Friendly and helpful attitude.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a high school diploma with relevant work experience, preferably in an office setting; Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Interested candidates should send a letter of application, resume and the names and contact information for three professional references to:
Human Resources, Simpson College
701 North C Street
Indianola, IA 50125
or by e-mail to:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Simpson College does not unlawfully discriminate and aims to employ persons of various backgrounds and experiences to help constitute a diverse community. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from members of underrepresented groups. You will find the entire EOE statement here.
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds. Employment will require a criminal background check, which may include, but is not limited to criminal history, national sex offender search, and motor vehicle history.