Simpson College (simpson.edu) is seeking a Web Administrator with Drupal development experience to join our team in the Office of Marketing and Strategic Communications. The Simpson College website administrator is responsible for the development and ongoing enhancement of websites, applications, and associated digital services in support of Simpson College’s faculty, staff, and student groups. The position requires the ability to assess the feasibility of projects, write functional requirements and specifications, and research and recommend technical solutions, as well as a genuine passion for state of the art and emerging web technologies. Strong understanding of site functionality, site architecture, data flow, and intuitive navigation schemes is expected. The Web Developer reports to the Executive Director of Marketing & Strategic Communications.
Deliver highly customized web-based software solutions that support the mission of the college by planning, architecting, developing, implementing, and supporting web technology infrastructure.
Build and support responsive websites and applications in Drupal and WordPress:
Develop reusable Drupal and WordPress themes, plugins, and modules with custom PHP as needed.
Recommend standards for acceptable design and content of Simpson College application interfaces and processes in coordination with college standards and policies.
Ability to oversee website security issues and overall maintenance for compliance.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2 - 4 years’ experience working in responsive web development with Drupal 7/8
- Comfortable using the *nix command line
- Experience with Git or similar
- Familiarity with a multi-environment dev-to-production workflow
- Ability to determine functional requirements from wireframes and feature requests
- Experience with security procedures and able to implement security certificates to ensure compliance
- Ability to continuously learn and apply new technologies
- Motivated, focused and self-guiding; works well on a small team
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interact with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working in a college or university environment
- 2 - 4 years’ experience working in responsive web development with WordPress
- Familiarity with Web Services, such as REST and WebSockets
- Experience writing, maintaining, and tuning enterprise-scale web applications
Please submit your resume, cover letter and three professional references to Simpson’s Human Resources department: email@example.com.
Simpson College does not unlawfully discriminate and aims to employ persons of various backgrounds and experiences to help constitute a diverse community. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from members of underrepresented groups. You will find the entire EOE statement at: http://simpson.edu/employment-opportunities/. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds. Employment will require a criminal background check, which may include, but is not limited to criminal history, national sex offender search, and motor vehicle history.