We are happy to hear of your interest in the Master of Music in Choral Conducting offered in partnership by Simpson College and CORO. To apply for the program, the following items must be submitted to the Department of Continuing and Graduate Studies at Simpson College.
- Submit an online application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy: In your statement of teaching philosophy, please state your personal beliefs about the art of teaching; be sure to include what you believe are the most important aspects of teaching, learning, and building trust and relationships. Limit your statement to 300-500 words.
- Personal Statement: In your personal statement, please describe your educational and musical background, goals and objectives, and future career plans. Please feel free to include any information that you feel would be helpful to the committee in making our admission decisions. Limit your statement to 300-500 words.
- Pre-screening videos: Two video selections of approximately 6-10 minutes each. One video should be of a recent performance and one should be of a recent rehearsal. Videos should not be edited for content. It is preferred that the videos capture the front of the conductor (as viewed from the singer’s perspective); however, we understand that this is not always possible and strongly recommend that at least one (preferably the rehearsal video) shows this perspective of the applicant.
IMPORTANT: We request that you upload your videos to YouTube as “unlisted” videos and provide a PDF with links. More directions here if you need them.
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional contacts must be included to complete your application.
- Official Transcripts: An official transcript is required from each institution attended.
Continuing & Graduate Programs Simpson College
Attn: Ginger Hermon
1415 28th Street, Suite 250
West Des Moines, IA 50266