Simpson has the lowest online and evening private college tuition in Iowa.
Simpson has 3 different class formats to fit your personal and professional lifestyle. We know you need flexibility!
The only college or university in Iowa to be ranked as one of the best online colleges by EDsmart.
More than half of our adult students qualify for the Iowa Tuition Grant, which does not need to be paid back.
Des Moines employers have confidence in a Simpson education. More than 60 businesses have contributed to the cost of their employees’ tuition at SC.
Tuition: $405/credit hour
Technology: $7/credit hour
Online fee: $23/credit hour
Matriculation fee: $125 (one time)
We defer the cost of each term for 45 days after the end of the term - meaning you have more time to get your employer reimbursement to us.
One less thing to worry about!
3 EASY STEPS TO EMPLOYER REIMBURSEMENT
2: Submit payment of the student portion within 30 days of the start of the term.
(If your employer reimburses less than 100% of tuition, your portion must be paid within 30 days of the start of the term.)
3: Notify the Office of Financial Aid if you are receiving any additional financial aid.
Power skills set you apart from the competition and position you as an irreplaceable employee. Gain these skills at SC and be versatile.
Power skills are transferable as you climb the ladder, take a different position or pursue your interests in more depth.
91% of employers cited want employees with power skills.
GET YOUR DEGREE FASTER AND SAVE MONEY WITH LIFE EXPERIENCE CREDITS
Simpson awards credit for college-level learning acquired through life experiences, often outside of the classroom.LEARN MORE
- You may earn up to 24 credits.
- All credits earned are awarded free of charge! There is a $75 administrative fee to submit your portfolio for review.
- Over the last five years, students who have completed the LEP process have received an average of 20 credits.
- The Life Experience Program could save you up to two years of class work worth over $7,000 in tuition costs.
SCHOLARSHIPS & GRANTS
THE GOOD STUFF = MONEY THAT DOESN’T NEED TO BE REPAID.
Continuing & Graduate students wishing to be considered for financial assistance at Simpson College must:
- Submit an application for admission, with supportive data, to the Continuing & Graduate Office of Admissions and be accepted as a student who is eligible to receive a degree or certificate.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the processing center, requesting the results be sent to the Office of Financial Aid at Simpson College. You may complete the FAFSA online at fafsa.gov. Simpson’s federal school code is 001887.
- You must file a FAFSA prior to July 1 in order to be eligible for the Iowa Tuition Grant and State of Iowa Teacher Education assistance. Simpson College should be listed on the form. In completing this form, you are automatically an applicant for the Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Federal Direct, as well as several internal scholarships, including the new Andrea Biklen Memorial Scholarship.
- Once you have been accepted for admission and completed the necessary financial aid forms, you will be sent a financial assistance award.
- If applicable, you will need to provide the Business Office with written verification of employment, as well as the amount your employer will pay towards tuition.
- Evening, online and graduate students who wish to receive financial aid and who have been inactive for at least one semester must notify the Office of Financial Aid by telephone in order for their files to be reactivated.
Most of our students want to advance their career or pursue their interests in more depth. If you want to do the same, you’ll fit right in!
We know what our students need and we deliver. You can expect excellent customer service email@example.com or 515-309-3099
Simpson is a transfer-friendly school. We help you make the most of your hard-earned credits. Fill out an inquiry form and we’ll talk about your credits.