Continuing & Graduate students wishing to be considered for financial assistance at Simpson College must:
- Submit an application for admission, with supportive data, to the Continuing & Graduate Office of Admissions and be accepted as a student who is eligible to receive a degree or certificate.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the processing center, requesting the results be sent to the Office of Financial Aid at Simpson College. You may complete the FAFSA on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Simpson's federal school code is 001887.
- You must file a FAFSA prior to June 30 in order to be eligible for the Iowa Tuition Grant and State of Iowa Teacher Education assistance. Simpson College should be listed on the form. In completing this form, you are automatically an applicant for the Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) and the Stafford Loan.
- Once you have been accepted for admission and completed the necessary financial aid forms, you will be sent a financial assistance award.
- If applicable, you will need to provide the Business Office with written verification of employment, as well as the amount your employer will pay towards tuition.
- Evening, online and graduate students who wish to receive financial aid and who have been inactive for at least one semester must notify the Office of Financial Aid by telephone in order for their files to be reactivated.
The scholarships and grants listed below are offered to adult or non-traditional students.
FUTURE READY IOWA GRANT
A state-funded program for Iowans who:
- Have at least half of the credits completed and accepted toward an eligible program (68 credits)
- Have not been enrolled in postsecondary education for two or more years
- Have applied for all other available aid
Continuing & Graduate Programs offers four programs in the evening/online format that are eligible for this grant program: Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Management, and Management Information Systems.
The Future Ready Iowa Grant will be available in fall 2019. For information on how to apply visit https://www.iowacollegeaid.gov/FutureReadyGrant
Alpha Sigma Lambda
Alpha Sigma Lambda, the national adult student honorary society, will offer twelve $3,500.00 scholarships for the 2018-2019 academic year. To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be a degree-seeking student
- Have completed 30 semester hours of graded coursework at Simpson College
- Have a grade point average of 3.2 or better
- Have financial need for assistance
You do not need to be a member of the local Alpha Sigma Lambda chapter in order to apply. Applications must be submitted to Sharon Wilkinson at the West Des Moines campus by mid-April. For more information, see https://www.alphasigmalambda.org/scholarships/.
Executive Women International
The Des Moines Chapter of Executive Women International awards multiple scholarships each year to adult students pursuing higher education or career training. The purpose of the scholarships is to provide assistance to adults (male and female) in the community who are in transitional situations or who are in need of financial aid in order to further their education. The number of scholarships and amounts are determined each spring based on the fundraising efforts of the Chapter. Information is generally available in February of each year and applications are due in April.
SR Education group
The mission of the SR Education Group is to make college more affordable for students. Find out more about how to apply for their quarterly scholarships for those pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.