Simpson College is seeking candidates for the position of Career Advisor. This is a 10-month position, working August – May. The position reports to the Director of Career Development and is a member of the Student Development team.
Principal Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Advise and counsel students on career and major selection, as well as the job, internship, and graduate school search.
- Develop, market, and plan a variety of career presentations, workshops, courses, and events.
- Coordinate credit-bearing and wage assistance internships.
- Assist with the online and social media presence of the Career Development office.
- Assist with hiring and supervising student leaders.
- A master's degree; preference will be given to masters in Higher Education/Education, Social Work, Human Resources or Business Administration.
- Experience with career services in higher education setting preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Self-starter and independent worker who also works well in a team setting.
About Simpson College
Simpson College is a private, liberal arts college located in Iowa with campuses in Indianola, West Des Moines, and online. Founded in 1860, the college has 1,268 undergraduate and graduate students. Simpson offers 74 majors, minors, and programs in addition to three graduate programs. Outside of the classroom, Simpson is a member of the NCAA Division III American Rivers Conference, hosts eight Greek houses on campus, and sponsors many extracurricular options for student involvement. To learn more, visit www.simpson.edu.
Simpson's main campus is in Indianola, Iowa, a part of the Des Moines metropolitan area. The Des Moines area has a population of over 600,000, and economic growth has outpaced the U.S. as a whole.
Please send a cover letter, resume, name, and contact information for three professional references, a statement addressing how our experienc¬es and/or interests contribute to promoting diversity and inclusivity to Human Resources to email@example.com. Simpson offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including tuition waiver benefits for eligible employees and their immediate family members. Interviews will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy and practice of Simpson College to provide equal educational and employment opportunities for all. We specifically encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, persons with disabilities to apply. The entire Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found here. Employment will require a criminal background check, which may include, but is not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search, and motor vehicle history.