Audition for a Theatre Scholarship: Performance or Technical Theatre
We are currently accepting applications for both in-person and virtual auditions/interviews:
- To schedule and in-person audition/interview, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For virtual auditions/interviews:
- Applicants with performance auditions should provide a link to their recorded audition. Click here for directions on recording an audition.
- Technical Theatre applicants should provide a link to their technical portfolio.
- All applicants will take part in a Zoom audition/portfolio/interview with Theatre faculty.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for a theatre scholarship?
Simpson Productions scholarships are available to new or continuing Simpson College students. The awards are given based on an audition and interview process. Scholarships are available for both theatre majors and non-majors. Students earning a theatre scholarship are expected to participate in all theatre productions.
What are the audition guidelines?
For the recorded audition, please prepare ONE of the following:
- One contemporary monologue 90 seconds in length
- One musical theatre piece 90 seconds in length
At the beginning of your audition, you should introduce yourself and then the names of the pieces you are performing.
You are not auditioning for a part in a show; you are trying to “showcase” your abilities and potential. Therefore, choose a material that you are comfortable with, that you can do well and that lets your audience see you at your best.
Following receipt of your recorded audition, you will meet virtually with departmental faculty for the interview. This is an ideal time for you to ask any questions you may have about Simpson Productions.
What does an audition consist of for technical theatre students?
Students interested in technical theatre areas should provide a link to their portfolio that reflects their technical experiences. Items to include could be: drafting, sketches, renderings, production photos, light plots, or pages from journals, promptbooks or marketing material.
What if I have additional questions?
Questions regarding the audition/interview process, Simpson Productions or scheduling an audition/interview can be directed to:
Phone: 1-800-362-2454 (ext. 1327)