Student Health Services (SHS) at Simpson support students in meeting their health needs while at college. Whether you need health information, assessment of an illness or injury, assistance making an appointment with a health care provider, or help navigating today’s health care and insurance system, Simpson’s professional nursing staff is here to help. Walk-in, call, or email to contact Student Health Services staff.
To access past issues click here.
Services we offer:
- Emergency first aid
- Assessment of illness and injury
- Referral and appointment assistance to appropriate health care providers (physicians, specialists, dentist, immunizations, etc. at the student’s expense)
- Over-the-counter medications and basic medical supplies at no charge. Includes: Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, cold symptom relief, throat lozenges, cough drops, antibiotic ointment, bandages, disposable thermometers, etc.
- Medical equipment: crutches, slings, ace wraps, ice packs, etc.
- Blood pressure screenings
- Health education materials and resources
- Wellness programming and events throughout the year
- Student Health 101
- No allergy shots are given at Student Health Services
- Health Form
- Immunization Waiver Form
- Release of Medical Records
- International Student TB SCREENING Form
- International Student TB TESTING Form
Indianola Medical Clinics
Students may access medical care in Indianola at one of the following clinics. Students calling for appointments should identify themselves as a Simpson student and present proof of insurance and photo ID. Money may be needed for a co-pay at the time of the visit.
Indianola Family Medicine/Unity Point
301 E. Hillcrest Ave
Call for appointments
The Iowa Clinic
1504 N 1st St
Urgent Care/Walk-In Appointments Welcomed:
Call to check availability
After Hours Care: Daily & Weekends
Emergency – Dial 911 or Campus Security @ 515-961-1711
Contact your Community Advisor (CA), House Advisor (HA) or Area Coordinator if you become ill or injured. They will assist you in accessing care.