Student Health Services (SHS) at Simpson support students in meeting their health needs while at college. Whether you need health information, assessment of an illness or injury, assistance making an appointment with a health care provider, or help navigating today’s health care and insurance system, Simpson’s professional nursing staff is here to help. Walk-in, call, or email to contact Student Health Services staff.
To access past issues click here.
Services we offer:
- Emergency first aid
- Assessment of illness and injury
- Dorm Visits: Feeling too ill to come to us? We will be happy to come to you. We can provide assessment, education, referral, local resources, appointment assistance, chicken soup, crackers, gatorade, etc.
- Referral and appointment assistance to appropriate health care providers (physicians, dentist, immunizations, off-campus-counselors, etc. at the student’s expense)
- Over-the-counter medications and basic medical supplies at no charge. Includes: Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, cold symptom relief, throat lozenges, cough drops, antibiotic ointment, bandages, disposable thermometers, etc.
- Medical equipment: crutches, slings, ace wraps, ice packs, etc.
- Blood pressure screenings
- Health education materials and resources
- Wellness programming and events such as Balance Life and Student Health 101. Check out the Balance Life web page under Student Development.
- No allergy shots are given at Student Health Services
- Health Form, Emergency Contacts, & Immunization Record
- Release of Medical Records
- International Student TB SCREENING Form
- International Student TB TESTING Form
Indianola Medical Clinics
Students may access medical care in Indianola at one of the following clincis. Students should call for an apppintment and present proof of insurance as well as a photo ID. Money may be needed for a co-pay at the time of the visit.
|Indianola Family Medicine
301 E. Hillcrest Ave
|Mercy Indianola Clinic
307 E. Scenic Valley Ave
Family Practice: Mon-Fri: 8AM-5PM
Physical Therapy: M-F 7AM-5PM
After Hours Care: Daily & Weekends
Emergency – Dial 911 or Campus Security @ 1711
Contact your Community Advisor (CA) or Area Coordinator if you become ill or injured. They will assist you in accessing care.
Phone assessment of a medical situation/Daily & Weekends
My Nurse 877-242-8899 www.mynurse.info
Mercy Nurse 515-243-2584 www.mercydesmoines.org/mercynurse