“Simpson is a place that goes way beyond helping your child grow academically. They care about kids’ personal and academic development. It has that personal feel to it that you just don’t find everywhere, not even at other smaller schools.” More…View All »
Mathematics at Simpson
The many on-campus opportunities for our majors include: high-quality instruction, undergraduate research, math-related internships, and mathematical competitions. These experiences give our students a competitive edge in the job market and in graduate school. Math majors can do anything!
- Simpson offers two majors: Mathematics and Actuarial Science. The curriculum gives students a mathematical foundation so they can analyze complex systems such as the actions of enzymes on DNA, stock market trends, the effects of invasive insect species and the evolution of human cooperation.
- Every student who studies math at Simpson completes an undergraduate research project or math-related internship. Other opportunities for undergraduate research in math include our Bryan Summer Research Program, research experiences for undergraduates (REUs) and semester-abroad programs.
- Simpson math students participate in activities beyond the classroom that improve their teamwork, leadership, communication, and time management skills, including mathematical competitions, the Math Club, and tutoring and teaching assistantships.
See what our majors do!View all
More Reasons to Study Math at Simpson
- Almost every industry, business, and government agency needs math majors because they are versatile problem-solvers. Mathematical training is marketable, regardless of the state of the economy.
- Many studies have shown that college graduates who studied math generally have higher salaries and greater job satisfaction than graduates in other fields. In addition, they have a better chance of getting into graduate school in any field.
Like us on Facebook: SimpsonCollegeMath
Follow us on Twitter: @SimpsonCollMath