Overview of the Program:
- An Undergraduate Assistantship (UGA) enhances a student’s academic experience and allows for significant growth.
- Students who have a grade point average of 2.75 or above and who will be sophomores, juniors or seniors during the duration of the experience are eligible to apply.
- Undergraduate Assistants earn $8.25/hour.
- Students may only have one on-campus position per academic year. Contact the Office of Financial Assistance with questions.
- In January, supervisors receive information on how to submit proposals.
- Supervisors must submit electronic proposals for each position, remembering that funding comes from departmental budgets.
- For approved positions, students will be invited to apply with an email of interest and resume
- All applicants should receive a personal interview with the supervisor of the assistantship.
- In mid-February, receive information on how to view and apply for UGA positions.
- Positions are linked from the students’ SC Connect portal through a button called “Work Study Openings” as part of the “My Links” list.
- Students must submit an email of interest and resume to the supervisor of each position of interest.