Information Collected by The College
- While you use the Sites, The College may collect information from you or about you using various methods, including:
- Personal Information that you willingly provide by filling out forms within the Sites. Some of the forms include, but are not limited to, online applications for admission, information requests, contests and event registrations;
- Records and copies of your correspondence through the Sites with us; and
- Information about your use of the Sites, which is collected automatically as you navigate through the Sites.
- Using the methods described above, we collect several types of information from or about you:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, employer name, graduation year, high school, and any other information by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
- Information that relates to you or your activities but that does not identify you as an individual; and
- Information about the equipment you use to access our Sites.
Information Collected Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with the Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information, including (i) details of your use, including traffic data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use and (ii) information about your computer, including your operating system, IP address, and other data.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies. A cookie is a small and common file placed on your device. At any point you may refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your device. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to use certain features of our Sites.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you, including any Personal Information, for the following purposes:
- To provide, enhance, improve and develop our Sites and our services, including measuring and improving the Sites’ content and layout;
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- To resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts related to the Sites and entered into between you and us;
- To notify you about changes to our Sites or any services that we offer;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such information;
- To support maintenance operations for the Sites or for the purpose of diagnosing/resolving any problems that might limit/disrupt the quality of users’ experience;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Use of Your Information to Communicate with You
How Information is Shared
We respect your privacy and will never sell your Personal Information to an outside source. However, there are certain instances where we may professionally disclose information, including Personal Information, that we collect from or about you on the Sites:
- To our affiliates;
- To Service Providers, such as contractors, consultants and other agents that provide assistance to our business and the operation and maintenance of the Sites.
- Service Providers with whom we share such information, unless we tell you differently, do not have any right to use the information we share with them beyond the scope and duration of what is necessary to assist us;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- For any purpose with your consent.
- For example, we may share your information with third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information.; and
- (i) to respond to legal requirements, including complying with any court order, law or legal process and responding to any government or regulatory request, including responding to law enforcement or other government officials in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity;
- (ii) to enforce or apply our policies and agreements;
- (iii) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security, trust and safety or technical issues; or
- (iv) to protect the rights, property, health or safety of The College, our users, any third parties or the public in general.
We may also create aggregate information about our users and their use of the Sites, which information does not identify any particular user. We use this aggregated information to monitor and improve our products and services. We also may disclose this anonymized, aggregated information to people and entities with whom we do business and to market our products and services.
Credit Card Information
Third Party Services
Our Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. No one under the age of 13 may provide any information to the Site, including, for example, a name, telephone number or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Unfortunately, information transmitted through the internet or other communication networks may not be completely secure, and third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Although we work hard to protect your privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of information or that your Personal Information or private communications always will remain private. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk, and we are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained within the Sites.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using one of the methods below
Questions & Concerns
Postal Address: Simpson College, Office of Marketing and Public Relations, 701 North C Street, Indianola, IA 50125