As College Librarian, the goal each day is to connect students and faculty with the information resources and services they require to be successful in their learning and research endeavors.
Cyd Dyer serves as College Librarian, Archivist, Professor, and consulting librarian for divisions of Policy Studies and World Language & Culture Studies. 35+ students are part of the library team through work-study and undergraduate assistant opportunities. A variety of student employees have gone on to graduate programs and positions in libraries and museums.
- Academic library collaboration
- College archives
- Tai Chi
Honors and Awards
- Indianola Chamber of Commerce Indianola/Simpson Community Service Award
- Epsilon Sigma
- Beta Phi Mu
- Phi Beta Kappa
- M.A. Library & Information Science, University of Iowa
- B.A . Communication Studies, University of Iowa
Presentation and Publication
- Dyer, C., Koch, T., & Rees, P. (2014). “Good Things Come In Small Packages: Getting the Most from Shared Print Retention and Cooperative Collection Development with a Small Group of Libraries,” 34th Annual Charleston Conference, 6 Nov 2014; paper in Proceedings of the Charleston Library Conference.