Eduardo Magalhaes serves as the advisor to the Midwest Model UN team, as a coach for the National Champion Debate team, and frequently assists students with independent studies. He has also done research to explain why Iowa was the 49th state to elect a woman to the House, Senate or Governor’s office.
Professionally, Eduardo Magalhaes is a member of the North Central Council of Latin Americanists, coordinating and moderating their annual Teaching and Learning Workshop. Eduardo has also graded AP Comparative Government and Politics exams since 2001 and will be the Chief Reader of the exam starting in 2020.
- Comparative Politics
- International Relations
- Minority Politics in the US
- Andrew Kirchmeier Teaching Award for teaching Latin
- Regional Faculty Associate, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Center for Latin
- American Studies, NCCLA Annual Meeting, 2013
- American and Caribbean Studies
- PhD University of Iowa, 1991
- BA Monmouth College 1987