Jacy Downey serves as Assistant Professor and Program Director of Health Services Leadership. Dr. Downey is responsible for developing curriculum, teaching, advising students, developing and supervising internships, building and maintaining relationships with the Health Services Leadership Advisory Board and professionals working in the field of health services, and staying current with changes in the healthcare environment, etc. Before returning to Simpson College to assume this position, she served as Assistant Professor and Capstone Coordinator at the Masters in Public Health program at Des Moines University, adjunct professor in the Masters of Human Services program at Concordia University, and worked in various roles across the healthcare industry.
- Ph.D., Iowa State University, 2014
- Dissertation: Parenting practices related to positive eating, physical activity, and screen-related behaviors in children: A qualitative exploration of strategies used by parents to navigate the obesigenic environment.
- Graduate Certificate in Graduate Student Teaching, Iowa State University, 2014
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Methods in Research, Iowa State University, 2013
- M.P.H., Des Moines University, 2001
- B.A., Simpson College, 1997
- CFLE Certified Family Life Educator, National Council of Family Relations
- ACSM/NSPAPPH Physical Activity in Public Health Specialist, American College of Sports Medicine
- Center of Excellence for Training & Research Translation, Prevention Research Center of the Center for Disease Control & Prevention, Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity & Obesity:
- Chronic Disease Series: Physical Activity & Health Training
- Nutrition & Health: Scientific Recommendations- Track 1
- Nutrition & Health: Environmental & Policy Supports- Track 2