I have played the piano for 55 years. Although I am a Classical pianist first, I have played and will continue to play and teach all styles of music when possible. Before I began teaching college full-time, I was a full-time composer and producer of radio and TV commercials, plus I composed music for business films and national conventions, including a large amount of music for Disney Business Productions in Orlando, Florida.
Music Theory and Ear Training, Classical Piano, Jazz Piano, Piano Improvisation, Music History and Appreciation, Composition and Songwriting, and accompanying all styles of music. I have accompanied over 150 Junior and Senior Recitals at Simpson.
- 21 Addy Awards for local and regional commercial music
- 11 Telly Awards (national)
- Best Score at the Iowa Film Awards 5 times
- First Prize in the 1985 PMMO Sacred Composition Contest out of 185 entries
- Semifinalist, 2014 and 2015, for the American Prize in Orchestral Composition
M.M. in Piano Performance, University of South Dakota, 1985, plus 3 years of doctoral studies at the University of Iowa, 1985-1988.