Pre-Health Programs and Accelerated Degree Partnerships
Your career in healthcare starts here
The Simpson College pre-health programs and accelerated degree partnerships help students plan for careers in nursing and many other clinical areas.
3+1 Accelerated Degree Partnerships in Nursing
Simpson College offers 3+1 accelerated degree nursing partnerships with Mercy College of Health Sciences in Des Moines and Allen College in Waterloo.
More degrees in less time
In the 3+1 nursing program, you'll earn two degrees in the time it normally takes to earn one.
Earn your Bachelor of Arts from Simpson and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from one of two well-respected programs.
Simpson College is the best place to prepare yourself for medical school. Experienced faculty collaborating from multiple disciplines across campus combine with rigorous coursework to provide a strong interdisciplinary foundation for success.
Working with your academic advisor is very important when considering a pre-med program. Faculty from Biology, Chemistry, and Sport Science and Health Education will assist in your planning by identifying required and recommended coursework and sponsoring undergraduate research and internships. Once on this path, you will earn a Bachelor's degree with a major, or double-major, in biology, biochemistry, or Health and Exercise Science before moving on to medical school.
Here are a few of the medical schools that have accepted Simpson students in recent years:
- Des Moines University (PT, PA, Healthcare administration)
- Georgia Southern (PT)
- Creighton University (PT,OT)
- Clarkson University (PT)
- Iowa (PT)
- Briar Cliff (PT)
- Washington University (PT)
- St Mary University (PT)
- University of New Mexico (PT)
- University of St Augustine (PT)
- University of South Dakota (OT)
- Drake University (OT)
- KU Med Center (OT & Palmer (chiro)
- Logan University (chiro)
- University of Nebraska-Omaha (PA)
- University of Nebraska Medical Center (PA)
- Allen College (Accelerated nursing-BSN)
- Mercy College (Accelerated nursing-BSN)
- Carroll University (Clinical Exercise Physiology)
The quality of a Simpson education is evident by the long list of practicing medical professionals who got their start here.