Simpson College is home to the best computer science and computer information systems bachelor's degrees in the state of Iowa, according to the 2021 Computer Science Degree Search rankings.
Simpson was recognized as the No. 1 Best Computer Science School in Iowa, the No. 1 Best Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree School in Iowa and the No. 1 Best Computer Information Systems Bachelor’s Degree School in Iowa. The overall ranking of Best Computer Science School in Iowa puts Simpson ahead of the likes of Iowa State University and the University of Northern Iowa.
The programs scored high nationally as well, ranking No. 55 among the Best Computer Information System’s Bachelor’s Degree Schools in the country. That puts Simpson in the top 15 percent for students seeking quality education in computer science.
Some of the most important factors in this year’s rankings include graduate salary and debt levels. Read the full ranking methodology for more details.
Simpson’s Department of Computer Science offers bachelor’s degrees in computer science, computer information systems and management information systems as well as an interdepartmental degree in interactive media.
Simpson earned a total of eight different awards in this year’s ranking, including:
- No. 1 Best Computer Science Schools in Iowa
- No. 1 Best Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools in Iowa
- No. 1 Best Computer Information Systems Bachelor’s Degree Schools in Iowa
- No. 3 Best Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools in the Plains State Region
- No. 5 Best Computer Science Schools in the Plains State Region
- No. 6 Best Computer Information Systems Degree Schools in the Plains State Region
- No. 55 Best Computer Information Systems Bachelor’s Degree Schools in the country
- No. 69 Best Computer Information Systems Degree Schools in the country
About Computer Science Degree Search
ComputerScienceDegree.io is a free resource for students seeking information technology colleges and university level programs. We research and compile information technology study area information, career overviews, and more to compile ranking lists for institutions across the US to help you make a smart decision when considering your higher education in information technology.
About Simpson College
Simpson College is a private, liberal arts college located in Iowa with campuses in Indianola, West Des Moines and online. Founded in 1860, the college has 1,268 undergraduate and graduate students. Simpson offers 74 majors, minors and programs in addition to three graduate programs. Outside of the classroom, Simpson is a member of the NCAA Division III American Rivers Conference, hosts eight Greek houses on campus and sponsors many extracurricular options for student involvement.
Cathy Cole, Vice President for Marketing and Strategic Communication