- Simpson College requires all Intercollegiate Student Athletes (not intramural students) to provide proof of health insurance. All other students are strongly encouraged to have health insurance and carry their insurance card with them so to access local medical care.
- Intercollegiate Student Athletes must submit a copy of their insurance card and fill out forms through the electronic records system (ATS) before August 1. Instructions and a check list can be found on the athletics website at: http://simpsonathletics.com/information/athletictraining/forms . For questions, please contact Taylor Witzel.
- Simpson College does not provide health insurance for traditional students. If students need to purchase health insurance, options can be viewed at Marketplace.
- It is recommended students/parents call their insurance provider and check for In-Network providers in Indianola/Des Moines area especially if the insurance carrier is out of state. A list of providers can be found here.
- Out of state Medicaid policies will NOT work in the state of Iowa. Please reapply for Iowa Medicaid so students are covered while living in Iowa.
- International Students
- International Students will be enrolled and billed for health insurance. For more information, please visit contact Walter Lain. Insurance information can be found here.
- International Athletes must submit a copy of their insurance card upon arrival at Simpson College and fill out forms through the Athletic Departments’ electronic records system (ATS). Instructions and a check list can be found on the athletics website at: http://simpsonathletics.com/information/athletictraining/forms